Automated Blog-to-Speech by Alexa Guy
You’ve got your shiny new Alexa Flash Briefing and you want to tell the world about it. So you go to your briefing’s page on Amazon to copy the URL, but it looks like the chain of molecules that make up a frog’s DNA. It’s so long and soooooo ugly. You remember you’ve seen some of the cool kids with those great amzn.to shortlinks, but can’t figure out how to get one for yourself.
Well, here’s how you can get your own.
- Copy the URL of your Flash Briefing from its Amazon page.
- Go to Bit.ly or Bitly.com.
- Create a free account (or log in if you already have one).
- In the top right corner, click on the big orange button that says “Create.”
- Paste your URL into the box that says “Paste long URL.”
- Wait a couple of seconds, and it will give you your short URL.
I did this with my buddy Matt Miller’s Flash Briefing, “Sowing Seed” and the URL went from this monstrosity:
To this sleek and svelte shortlink:
Give it a try, then paste your short URL in our Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/alexaguy.