Automated Blog-to-Speech by Alexa Guy
Alexa is the Perfect Speakerphone.
Looking for a smart speakerphone? Most people know that Alexa is a great piece of technology for the home, but she’s also the perfect tool for making you more productive at work. Today, we’re going to look at making phone calls and sending text message with simple commands.
You don’t have to take your phone out of your pocket, tap anything or swipe anything. Your hands can continue working on your keyboard while you call your client. Best of all, Alexa supports voice calling to both mobile phones and landlines
Set up Alexa for making phone calls
- Open your mobile phone app for Alexa
- Press the speech bubble icon
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter your phone number (which is visible to the recipients of your calls)
- Verify the text message code they send you
To make calls with Alexa
- Say, “Alexa, call [contact name]” or “Alexa, call [phone number]”
- Alexa will confirm the name or number
To send text messages with Alexa (Android only)
- Say, “Alexa, send a text to [contact name],” followed by the message you’d like to send.
- You can add punctuation while giving her your message by saying something like “period” or “question mark”
- It’s important to note that Alexa also includes a link to the audio of your message along with the text
If you like to work while returning calls, this is an awesome Alexa hack that will really increase your daily productivity.